1. The educator will engage the students in a discussion of the 6 categories of emotions.
2. The educator will talk with the students about some of the things that can trigger those emotions, why, and ways we all use to try and manage those emotions.
3. Next, the educator will review the parts of the brain and how they relate to emotion. an image of what each emotion looks like activate in the brain will be showed.
4. The educator will discuss some ways of handling difficult emotions that can be overwhelming. They will then walk the students through a sensory object project.
5. If time allows, we will take questions.
- explore the different types of emotions human beings experience
- discuss methods of physical reactions to those emotions
- list the three areas of the brain and identify which is related to emotion
- develop on understanding of how emotions are part of the physical structure of our brains
- engage in a discussion of helpful coping techniques to deal with difficult emotions
LS1A 3-5 -- Structure and function
LS1D 3-5 -- Information Processing
LS1D 6-8 -- Information Processing
New York State
NGSS Learning Standards