1. The educator will introduce the concept of magnetism through a series of experiments
2. The educator will demonstrate an electromagnet, a Tesla Coil, and a Van de Graaff machine.
3. The educator will discuss with the students the concept of electricity and a circuit.
4. The educator will lead the students through a project where they create a simple circuit to answer a quiz question with a light bulb
5. If time allows, we take questions.
- explore the concept of magnetism and create an electromagnet
- discuss the flow of charges
- experiment with magnetism
- engage in a conversation about electricity and how it is created
- understand a simple circuit and how to complete one
PS2A 3-5 -- Forces and motion
PS2A 6-8 -- Forces and motion
PS3A 3-5 -- Definitions of energy
PS3B 3-5 -- Conservation of energy and energy transfer
PS4A 3-5 -- Wave properties
PS4A 6-8 -- Wave properties
New York State
NGSS Learning Standards