1. This program begins by introducing the story of “Juma the Giraffe”.
2. Meet the giraffes of Lee Richardson Zoo and see how they compare to the giraffes from Juma’s world.
3. Meet two to three Ambassador Animals.
4. Explore the connections between the animal guests and the story as well as what makes these animals special.
•Students will be able to identify different animal groups and provide animal examples from the story and real life that match those groups.
•Students will be able to explain how they can help the special wildlife they find around their hometown.
• Students will be able to provide examples of adaptations in nature and for themselves.
K-LS1-1 From Molecules to Organisms; Structures and Processes
(LS1.C: Organization for Matter and Energy Flow in Organisms)
1-LS1-1 From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
(LS1.A: Structure and Function)
1-LS3-1 Heredity: Inheritance and Variation of Traits
(LS3.A: Inheritance of Traits)