1. This interactive program will start with a discussion on what constitutes primary and secondary sources.
2. Discuss the necessity of using primary sources when conducting research.
3. We will discuss how to develop an idea for a research paper.
4. We will discuss how to judge what material is trustworthy to use.
4. We will use Alexander Hamilton as the main topic.
5. We will discuss how to decide what information you need.
6. We will discuss where to look for pertinent online primary source documents. I will share shortcuts to research I’ve learned throughout my career.
1. The participant will learn how to conduct primary source research online.
2. The participant will learn about Alexander Hamilton.
3. The participants will learn critical thinking skills which will aide them as they research any topic.
English/ Reading for Perspective, English/ Reading for Understanding, English/ Applying Knowledge, English/ Evaluating Data, English/ Developing Research Skills, English/ Multicultural Understanding, English/ Applying Language Skills, Civics/ Other Nations and World Affairs, Civics/ Roles of the Citizen.