1. Program begins with introduction to Rocky Mountain National Park and the NPS emblem.
2. Students are introduced to sounds by playing a matching sound game.
3. Ranger discusses the mechanics of sound by demonstrating an experiment.
4. Students and ranger explore how animals in Rocky use sounds to survive.
5. Students draw a picture to depict how sound travels.
6. Time is allowed for questions and answers.
1. Make observations to determine that objects make sound
2. Conduct an observation to provide evidence that vibrating materials can make sound
3. Conduct an investigation to observe sound causing an object to vibrate
LS1A K-2 -- Structure and function
LS1B K-2 -- Growth and development of organisms
PS4A K-2 -- Wave properties
CO State Standards
SC.1.1.1 Sound can make matter vibrate and vibrating matter can make sound.