1. Program begins with introduction to Rocky Mountain National Park and the NPS emblem.
2. Students are introduced to Casey, our coyote puppet friend who will help us throughout the program.
3. Ranger introduces each sense with a song and plays a game with the students and Casey.
4. Students observe a similar activity demonstrated by Kaley coyote in Rocky Mountain National Park.
5. Time is allowed for questions and answers.
1. Identify 5 body parts and their associated 5 senses
2. Participate in games to explore their senses
3. Compare body parts and their uses in different animals (humans and coyotes)
ESS3A K-2 -- Natural resources
LS1B K-2 -- Growth and development of organisms
Preschool- Physical Science
SC.P.1.1 Recognize that physical properties of objects and/or materials help us understand the world.
Kindergarten- Physical Education
PE.K.1.,1 Demonstrate body and spatial awareness through movement.
PE.K.1.2 Locate and move the major parts of the body.
First Grade - Life Science
SC.1..2.1 All organisms have external parts that they use to perform daily functions.
Second Grade – Physical Science
SC.2.1.1 Matter exists as different substances that have observable different properties.