1. The program begins with an introduction to the National Park Service and its emblem.
2. Students learn the four parts of a habitat.
3. The ranger introduces the mission to explore three very special habitats in RMNP.
4. The ranger shares how to create their own habitat log with paper and pen.
5. Students follow along the journey through each habitat while the ranger shows videos in the field
6. After the journey is complete, the ranger will see if students can match different features to the likely habitat!
1. Identify and compare differences between Forest, Wetlands, and Tundra habitats
2. Create and take notes in their own habitat field log
3. Name at least 1 feature representative of each habitat discussed
ESS2A K-2 -- Earth materials and systems
LS4D K-2 -- Biodiversity and humans
SC.2.2.2 A range of different organisms lives in different places.