1. Introduction to hygiene
2. Handing out germs , hand sanitizer, cookie, and sneeze zone activities
3. Personal hygiene: cultural differences, care for physical body, cleanliness for physical body
4. How Soap Works Demonstration
6. Puberty specific information
7. Handwashing with Hand Washing Demonstration
8. Oral hygiene with Egg-xperiment
9. Everyday hygiene: home, bedroom, laundry, bathroom, pets, kitchen
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
1. Define personal hygiene as cleanliness practices that help maintain health and reduce/prevent illness
2. Explain importance and benefits of good personal hygiene to health and overall wellness
3. List and consider skills to enhance cleanliness, personal hygiene, and illness prevention
Standard 1 Students will comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention to enhance health.
Standard 2 Students will analyze the influence of family, peers, culture, media, technology, and other factors on health behaviors.
Standard 3 Students will demonstrate the ability to access valid information, products, and services to enhance health.
Standard 5 Students will demonstrate the ability to use decision-making skills to enhance health.
Pennsylvania Health, Safety, & Physical Education