1. Outside body parts: skin, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hair with Puppet Show
.2. Inside body parts; bones and muscles with Charlie-Chan-the-Boney-Man
3. Inside Body Parts: organs (heart, lungs, and brain) with the Organ Apron
4. Healthy habits for the body: nutrition with the Julie Board
5.. Healthy habits for the body: physical activity with exercise demo
6. Healthy habits for the body: rest
7. Healthy habits for the body: cleanliness with the Germ Story
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
1. State the function of basic body parts
a. Outside: eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and skin
b. Inside: bones, muscles, heart, lungs, and brain
2. Identify four habits that promote health: nutrition, physical activity, rest, cleanliness.
3. Explain the difference between healthy foods and unhealthy foods.
Standard 1 Students will comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention to enhance health.
Standard 5 Students will demonstrate the ability to use decision-making skills to enhance health.
Standard 7 Students will demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and avoid or reduce health risks.
Pennsylvania Health, Safety, & Physical Education
10.1.3 B, C ,E
10.2.3 A, B