1. Outside body parts: skin, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hair
.2. Inside body parts; bones and muscles with Charlie-Chan-the-Boney-Man
3. Inside Body Parts: organs (heart, lungs, liver, stomach, intestines, and brain) with the Organ Apron
4. Healthy habits for the body: nutrition and 5 food groups with MyPlate.gov
5.. Healthy habits for the body: physical activity with the Heart Machine
6. Healthy habits for the body: rest
7. Healthy habits for the body: cleanliness with Germ Lotion
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
1. State the function of basic body parts
a. Inside: bones, muscles
b. Organs: heart, lungs, liver, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, and brain
2. Identify four habits that promote good health: nutrition, physical activity, rest, cleanliness.
3. Identify ways that our bodies are similar and different
Standard 1 Students will comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention to enhance health.
Standard 5 Students will demonstrate the ability to use decision-making skills to enhance health.
Standard 7 Students will demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and avoid or reduce health risks.
Pennsylvania Health, Safety, & Physical Education
10.1.3 B, C ,E
10.2.3 A, B
10.4.3 B, C