1. Wellness versus illness
2. Stigma surrounding mental illness
3. Myth Busters Activty
4. Always 5 Activity
5. Normal fear and anxiety
6. Anxiety Disorders
7. Obessive Compulsive Disorder
9. Treatment: coping skills, therapy, medication
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
1. Define mental illness as a brain based condition affecting thoughts, feeling, and functioning
2. Identify stigmas regarding mental illness and explain ways to break them
3. Explain basic signs and symptoms of Anxiety Disorders, Depression, and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
Standard 2 Students will analyze the influence of family, peers, culture, media, technology, and other factors on health behaviors.
Standard 3 Students will demonstrate the ability to access valid information, products, and services to enhance health.
Standard 4 Students will demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal communication skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce health risks.
Standard 7 Students will demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and avoid or reduce health risks.
Standard 8 Students will demonstrate the ability to advocate for personal, family, and community health.
Pennsylvania Health, Safety, & Physical Education