1. Introduction Index Card Activity
2. Being proactive with mental health Wellness Index Activity
3. Statistics and facts about mental illness with Always 5 Activity
4. Stigma surrounding mental health issues
6. Bipolar Disorder
8. Treatment: coping skills, therapy, medication
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
1. Define mental illness as a brain based medical condition affecting thoughts, feeling, and functioning
2. Identify stigmas regarding mental illness and explain ways to break them
3. Explain basic signs and symptoms of Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and Schizophrenia
Standard 2 Students will analyze the influence of family, peers, culture, media, technology, and other factors on health behaviors.
Standard 3 Students will demonstrate the ability to access valid information, products, and services to enhance health.
Standard 4 Students will demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal communication skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce health risks.
Standard 7 Students will demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and avoid or reduce health risks.
Standard 8 Students will demonstrate the ability to advocate for personal, family, and community health.
Pennsylvania Health, Safety, & Physical Education
10.2.9 C, E