1. Students practice examining and visually reading a painting.
2. Students search for clues about past technologies by examining a painting.
3. Students learn about the evolution of every day technologies.
4. Students make their own image timeline of using the technology around them for inspiration.
- Students will identify aspects of technological advances.
- Students will evaluate and create object timelines.
- Students will compare past to the present through the lens of technology.
- Students will visually analyze a painting.
- Students will identify world oceans.
- Students will analyze infographics.
- Students will do basic equations on a calculator.
- Students will identify historical events and changes through time.
Virginia History (2015): 3.1a, c, d, g; VS.1b, c; VS.2c; VS.10b, c; USI.1a, b, d, e, g;
USI.2a, c, d; USII.1a, c, d, g; USII.2b
Virginia Math (2016): 3.15b; 4.4b, d; 4.14a, b; 5.4; 5.16a, b; 6.6a, b
Virginia Science (2018): 3.1a, c; 3.2a; 4.1a, c; 4.8a; 5.1a, c, e; 5.8d-e; 5.9a, c;
6.1a-d; 6.4d; 6.8c
Virginia Visual Arts (2013): 3.2, 3.4, 3.6, 3.11, 3.16, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.18, 5.1, 5.2,
5.3, 5.12, 5.14, 5.18, 5.20, 6.1, 6.3