1. Food Away From Home (FAFH)
2. America's eating habits
3. HHS's Dietary Guidelines for Americans: what to focus on versus what to limit
4. USDA's www.choosemyplate.gov: food groups, nutrition labels, nutrients, portion control
5. FAFH Tips and Pointers with Healthier Options activity
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the role of “Food Away from Home” (FAFH) in our society and the impact it has on overall nutrition for each individual person
2. Identify basic nutritional (dietary) guidelines including portions
3. Understand how to make quick and healthy nutrition choices for cooking food at home or FAFH
Standard 1 Students will comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention to enhance health.
Standard 2 Students will analyze the influence of family, peers, culture, media, technology, and other factors on health behaviors.
Standard 4 Students will demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal communication skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce health risks.
Standard 5 Students will demonstrate the ability to use decision-making skills to enhance health.
Pennsylvania Health, Safety, & Physical Education
10.1.9 A, C, E
10.1.12 A, B, C, E,
10.2.9 B, C, D, E
10.2.12 A, B. C. D, E