Presentation Elements Include:
• A history lesson on Stan Musial opening young eyes to his relevance, excellence, humility and generosity.
• A viewing of contemporary examples of extraordinary sportsmanship that inspire and uplift.
• An introspection of why we play sports and what matters on the playing field and in life.
• An interactive call to action for audience members to create their own Musial Moments – acts of kindness and selflessness that take place in competition or everyday life – all with the goal to help one another and make our community better.
1. build familiarity with qualities of sportsmanship.
2. develop a personal growth mindset.
3. learn accountability in applying the characteristics Stan Musial displayed on and off the field.
Grades 3-5: CCSS ELA CONTENT: RL.3.1/4.1/5.1, RL.3.3/4.3/5.3, RL.3.4/4.4/5.4, SL.3.1/4.1/5.1, SL.3.2/4.2/5.2
Grades 6-8: CCSS ELA CONTENT: RI.6.3/7.3/8.3, RI.6.7/7.7/8.7, SL.6.1/7.1/8.1, SL.6.2/7.2/8.2, SL.6.6/7.6/8.6
Grades 9-12: CCSS ELA CONTENT: RH.9-10.1/11-12.1, RH.9-10.2/11-12.2, RH.9-10.9/11-12.9, SL.9-10.1/11-12.1, SL.9-10.4/11-12.4