1. Stress: distress, eustress, acute, chronic
2. Recognize your own: perceptions, stressors, reactions
3. Stress Response: stimuli, brain, response
4. Effects of stress
5. Stress Management
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
1. Define stress as distress versus eustress and acute versus chronic
2. Identify personal perceptions and stressors by recognizing reactions to situations
3. Explain elements of effective stress management
Standard 1 Students will comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention to enhance health.
Standard 2 Students will analyze the influence of family, peers, culture, media, technology, and other factors on health behaviors.
Standard 4 Students will demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal communication skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce health risks.
Standard 7 Students will demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and avoid or reduce health risks.
Pennsylvania Health, Safety, & Physical Education
10.1.12 B, C, D, E
10.2.12 C, D, E
10.4.9 B, F
10.4.12 B, D