1. Teacher Travis welcomes students live from the LA River to introduce himself and co-teacher and the trip”s objectives.
2. Review three topics of pollution, urban planning and water recreation.
3. Bounce to pre-recorded video of Travis at Abalone Cove Beach. Focus on wildlife and conservation
4. Go over basic water quality testing (pH, nitrates, E Coli, turbidity, dissolved oxygen).
5. Perform live testing at river and discuss visible pollution.
6. Bounce to pre-recorded video of Travis at Deb’s park pond focusing on urban planning (water recreation) as well as quickly review its water quality test results
7. Back to Travis live at river to wrap with urban planning w/ concrete bottom to rivers.
8. Compare to viewers home city and identify how they use water.
Participants will learn how to test the quality of water in their area.
Participants will understand how cities use natural and man-made sources of water.
Participants will understand how human activity can pollute water habitats and the importance of water preservation.