In this program, Mote Marine Laboratory will present a media-rich lesson about turtles.
1. Introduction and Prior Knowledge
2. Reading the story of Alfie–The Turtle That Disappeared
3. Creative Questions (reading comprehension)
4. Live animal visit - terrapin or tortoise
5. Open Questions and Answers
Use literacy and reading comprehension skills to correctly answer questions about the story book.
Foster positive relationships with, and an appreciation for, aquatic habitats and organisms.
Promote responsible pet ownership, especially for turtles.
Make observations of live turtles.
Compare and contrast characteristics of reptiles to other types of animals.
Compare up to three stewardship actions to help turtle conservation.