1 This program begins with a short introduction about culture, tradition and diversity.
2. Facilitator will show four short-videos with four different people that celebrate and represent each tradition (Diwali, Ramadan/Eid, Carnaval and Juneteenth).
3. After each video, facilitator will ask questions and engage with students. In at least one occasion, students will be asked to get up and move as they learn one of the traditional dances.
4. Q&A about traditions.
5. Facilitator will encourage students to reflect on their own traditions, how they may be similar or different from what they learned and invited to explore more.
• Students will discover the diverse ways different cultures celebrate holidays and traditions.
• Students will compare and contrast different cultural celebrations and traditions.
• Students will describe different customs, traditions, and family celebrations.
State of Ohio Standards
·- C.S. K.3 and K.6
- C.S 2.5, C.S. 2.8 and C.S. 2.9
- C.S. 3.3. and 3.8
·-C.S. 4.3 and 4.13
English Language Arts
- SL.K.1, SL.K.2 and SL.K3
- SL.1.1, SL.1.2 and SL.1.3
- SL.2.1, SL.2.2 an SL.2.3
- SL.3.1 ,SL.3.2 and SL.3.3
- SL.4.1 , SL.4.2 and SL.4.3
Social and Emotional