1. Ranger will introduce themselves and explain, in brief, the history of Springfield Armory NHS.
2. Ranger will give a presentation on how firearms evolved and the role technology played in this innovation.
3. Open discussion time between the Ranger and Students.
1. Explain why Springfield Armory is significant in relation to United States History.
2. Explain how firearms evolved over time in relation to newer technology.
3.Identify and explain the role that Springfield Armory had during the American Revolution.
Science and Technology Engineering Standards
1.K-2-ETS1-1. Ask questions, make observations, and gather information about a situation people want to change that can be solved by developing or improving an object or tool.
3.3-5-ETS1-2. Generate several possible solutions to a given design problem. Compare each solution
based on how well each is likely to meet the criteria and constraints of the design problem.
ETS3. Technological Systems
5.3-5-ETS3-1(MA). Use informational text to provide examples of improvements to existing technologies (innovations) and the development of new technologies (inventions). Recognize that technology is any modification of the natural or designed world done to fulfill human needs or wants