1. This program begins with defining germs and how they spread.
2. We then do a glitter germ activity to show how they spread and how proper hand washing gets rid of germs.
3. We discuss proper hand washing.
4. Participants will watch an animated video of when to wash their hands
5. Lastly, we talk about COVID-19 and germs, and what to do if we feel sick.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Define germs as something very small that may make you sick.
2. Demonstrate correct handwashing technique as one of the ways to stop the spread of germs.
3. Define COVID-19 as a virus that can make people sick.
4. Identify ways that people can minimize the spread of COVID-19.
National Health Education Standards 1, 5, 7, 8
Visit www.mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Please see our website at www.mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to the Indiana Health and Wellness Standards as well as the US National Health Education Standards.