1. This program begins with a discussion on the nervous
system and how drugs effect it
2. Then participants will learn about alcohol and its effect
on the body
3. We discuss tobacco and its effects on the various body
4. Participants will learn about marijuana, its effects on
the body, and the various forms it comes in
5. We discuss prescription drug abuse and who can give
them out and who cannot
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. State the definition of a drug.
2. Name the physical effects of alcohol on the body.
3. Describe the damaging effects of smoking tobacco and
marijuana use on the respiratory system.
4. Name at least three effects of marijuana on the body.
National Health Education Standards 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
Visit www.mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Please see our website at www.mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to the Indiana Health and Wellness Standards as well as the US National Health Education Standards.