1. This program begins with talking about MyPlate.
2. We then discuss the different food groups and what they do for the body.
3. We go through the steps of digestion.
4. Then we talk about healthy habits.
5. Participants do the freeze dance.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Name one way to stay healthy.
2. Name at least one food group.
3. Name one way that eating a healthy diet benefits our body.
4. Identify one place our food goes when we eat it.
National Health Education Standards 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8.
Visit www.mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Please see our website at www.mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to the Indiana Health and Wellness Standards as well as the US National Health Education Standards.