1. This program begins with identifying the four keys to staying healthy.
2. We then discuss what tobacco/nicotine is.
3. Participants will be given different habits and deciding which one is healthy and which one is not..
4. We talk about the effects of tobacco on the body.
5. Lastly, we go through the steps for saying “NO” to drugs.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Name the four Keys to Staying Healthy- Healthy Eating, Exercise, Sleep, Happiness.
2. Identify at least one harmful effect of using tobacco.
3. Demonstrate an effective drug refusal technique.
National Health Education Standards 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8.
Visit www.mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Please see our website at www.mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to the Indiana Health and Wellness Standards as well as the US National Health Education Standards.