1. This program begins with identifying the four keys to healthy habits.
2. We then do an activity with Role Model Man.
3. Throughout the activity, participants will decide what word represents a role model and what word represents a villain.
4. Then we talk about what to do if offered an unhealthy choice.
5. Lastly, we talk about how to say “NO” to drugs.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Name the four Keys to Staying Healthy- Healthy Eating, Exercise, Sleep, Happiness
2. List characteristics of a healthy role model.
3. Identify responsible adults who they can talk to about issues.
4. Demonstrate an effective drug refusal technique.
National Health Education Standards 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8.
Visit www.mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Please see our website at www.mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to the Indiana Health and Wellness Standards as well as the US National Health Education Standards.