1. This program begins with a discussion on the safe use of
2. Then participants learn about what types of containers to
use in a microwave and to cover food when cooking
3. We discuss healthy microwave food choices
4. Participants will learn about MyPlate and the food groups
5. Participants will learn to read food labels and learn about
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Choose healthy microwave meals verses unhealthy
2. Identify titles on microwave meals which indicate
3. Analyze common deceptions among advertising
National Health Education Standards 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
Visit www.mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Please see our website at www.mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to the Indiana Health and Wellness Standards as well as the US National Health Education Standards.