1. This program begins with a discussion on the nervous system and how drugs effect it
2. Then participants will learn about alcohol and its effect on the body
3. We discuss tobacco and its effects on the various body parts
4. Participants will learn about marijuana, its effects on the body, and the various forms it comes in
5. We role play how to say NO if in an unhealthy situation.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. State the definition of a drug.
2. Name the physical effects of alcohol on the body.
3. Describe the damaging effects of tobacco/nicotine on the body.
4. Name at least three effects of marijuana on the body.
National Health Education Standards 1, 2, 5, 6, 7.
Visit www.mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Please see our website at www.mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to the Indiana Health and Wellness Standards as well as the US National Health Education Standards.