1. This program begins with a brief overview of MyPlate
2. Then participants will learn details about foods in each food group
3. We discuss empty calories and how to recognize products with added sugar
4. Participants will engage in an exercise to determine which snacks are healthy and which are not
5. We discuss the importance of exercise and reducing screen time
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Identify the food groups and the foods in each.
2. List healthy snack options and food choices for meals.
3. Predict the result if energy intake and energy use are not in balance.
National Health Education Standards 1, 2, 5, 6, 7.
Visit www.mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Please see our website at www.mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to the Indiana Health and Wellness Standards as well as the US National Health Education Standards.