1. This program begins with talking about bullying and what different types of bullying there is.
2. We then go through different scenarios and decide if it is a form of bullying or not.
3. We then discuss why people bully. We talk about what characteristics of a person stand out to a bully.
4. Participants will engage in our “Invisible Student” activity.
5. We talk about the different participants in a bullying scene.
6. Participants will watch a video and then talk about they can do to help someone who is getting bullied.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Define bullying.
2. Distinguish between bullying and nonbullying situations.
3. Identify 3 steps to handling bullying situations or conflicts.
4. List two actions that a bystander may take to help in a bullying situation.
National Health Education Standards 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
Visit www.mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Please see our website at www.mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to the Indiana Health and Wellness Standards as well as the US National Health Education Standards.