1. This program begins with discussing and defining an emergency
2. Then participants will learn emergency skills
3. We discuss who can help in an emergency
4. Participants engage in an activity to decide which scenarios constitute and emergency and which do not
5. Participants engage in an activity to develop skills to call 911 and relay correct information
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Distinguish between an emergency and a non-emergency situation.
2. Demonstrate how to call 9-1-1 and be prepared to answer questions asked by emergency staff.
3. Identify skills needed in an emergency.
National Health Education Standards 1, 2, 5, 6, 7.
Visit www.mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Please see our website at www.mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to the Indiana Health and Wellness Standards as well as the US National Health Education Standards.