1. This program begins with watching a video on why it is important to keep clean.
2. We then discuss germs; what they are and how to get rid of them.
3. We go through what is important to clean in the shower and supplies to use.
4. Then we talk about hand washing and when to wash our hands.
5. Lastly, we a “Day in the Life” activity.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
1. Recognize proper everyday hygiene habits for body and hair.
2. List at least two times when it is necessary to wash hands.
3. Demonstrate proper hand washing techniques.
National Health Education Standards 1, 2, 5, 6, 7.
Visit www.mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Please see our website at www.mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to the Indiana Health and Wellness Standards as well as the US National Health Education Standards.