1. Room will open so that group can log on 15 minutes prior to program start.
2. LSC Facilitator will introduce/welcome the students to the exhibit. Facilitator will discuss rules of the program.
3. LSC Facilitator begins exhibition tour. Facilitator will be taking questions during the tour and after tour is finished.
- Learn how some microbes can cause harm to humans
- Learn how humans battle against these harmful microbes
- Discover a gallery of microbial art made by microbiologists, synthetic biologists, and artists using
cutting-edge scientific techniques
- Learn new groundbreaking technology developed with the help of bacteria
LS1B 6-8 -- Growth and development of organisms
Alignment to NJSLS - Science
MS-LS1-5 Construct a scientific explanation based on evidence for how environmental and genetic factors influence the growth of organisms.
Connections to NJSLS - English Language Arts
WHST.6-8.2 Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas, concepts, and information through the selection, organization, and analysis of relevant content. (MS-LS1-5),(MS-LS1-6)
Connections to NJSLS - Mathematics
6.SP.B.4 Summarize numerical data sets in relation to their context. (MS-LS1-4),(MS-LS1-5)"