1. The program starts with a discussion about the human body and some of the processes our bodies undertake to sustain life.
2. The educator has will engage in a discussion with the student about the human body and why our bodies do certain things.
3. The students will learn about how our bodies signal sickness and health.
4. The will make "mucus".
5. If time allows, we take questions.
- Explore interdependent human body systems
- Develop an understanding for some of the ways our body signals health and sickness
- Discuss different body functions and their purpose
LS1A 3-5 -- Structure and function
LS1A K-2 -- Structure and function
LS1B 3-5 -- Growth and development of organisms
LS1B K-2 -- Growth and development of organisms
LS2A 3-5 -- Interdependent relationships in ecosystems
LS2A K-2 -- Interdependent relationships in ecosystems
LS2C 3-5 -- Ecosystem dynamics, functioning, and resilience
LS4C 3-5 -- Adaptation
LS4C K-2 -- Adaptation
LS4D 3-5 -- Biodiversity and humans
LS4D K-2 -- Biodiversity and humans
New York State NGSS Learning Standards: K-LS1-1, 1-LS1-1, 3-LS4-2, 4-LS1-1, 4-LS1-2, 5-LS2-1