1. The program starts with a discussion about the microscopic life that our bodies harbor.
2. The educator will engage the students in a question and answer related to the interdependence these hidden life forms have with us.
3. The students are shown enlarged images of the microorganisms.
4. The students make a "critter" project (optional for 5th grade plus laser light microscope).
5. If time allows, we take questions.
- Explore the hidden micro world that inhabit the human body
- Engage in a discussion about the importance of their existence to both organisms life functions
- Develop an understanding of interdependent ecosystems
LS1A 3-5 -- Structure and function
LS1A 6-8 -- Structure and function
LS1A K-2 -- Structure and function
LS1B 3-5 -- Growth and development of organisms
LS1B 6-8 -- Growth and development of organisms
LS1B K-2 -- Growth and development of organisms
LS1C 3-5 -- Organization for matter and energy flow in organisms
LS1C 6-8 -- Organization for matter and energy flow in organisms
LS1C K-2 -- Organization for matter and energy flow in organisms
LS2A 3-5 -- Interdependent relationships in ecosystems
LS2A 6-8 -- Interdependent relationships in ecosystems
LS2A K-2 -- Interdependent relationships in ecosystems
LS4A 6-8 -- Evidence of common ancestry and diversity
LS4B 3-5 -- Natural selection
LS4C 3-5 -- Adaptation
LS4C 6-8 -- Adaptation
LS4C K-2 -- Adaptation
LS4D 3-5 -- Biodiversity and humans
LS4D 6-8 -- Biodiversity and humans
LS4D K-2 -- Biodiversity and humans
New York State NGSS Learning Standards: P-LS1-2, K-LS1-1, 2-LS2-2, 2-LS4-1, 3-LS4-3, 3-LS1-1, 3-LS3-2, 4-LS1-1, 5-LS2-1, MS-LS1-1, MS-LS1-2, MS-LS1-3, MS-LS2-3, MS-LS2-4, MS-LS2-2, MS-LS2-5