1. The program will open with introduction to staff and an assessment of the participants for prior knowledge of Veterans' Day and the United State Armed Forces.
2. Lesson will begin with aid of PowerPoint to talk about the six branches of the United States Armed Forces, describe the definition of a 'veteran' and showcase history of Veterans' Day.
3. After lesson, participants will be asked post assessment questions to ensure lesson objectives were met.
4. Time is allowed for question and answer segment after post assessment.
By the end of the program the participants will be able to:
1) Name at least three branches of the United States Armed Forces.
2) State the definition of what is a 'veteran'.
3) Tell why Veterans Day is celebrated on November 11th.
4) List at least two ways they can participate in Veterans Day activities.
SS2.1.3: Identify people and events that are honored on United States holidays.