1. The program will open with introduction to staff and an assessment of the participants for prior knowledge of Patriot's Day - also known as 9/11 - and what a patriot is.
2. Lesson will begin with aid of PowerPoint to showcase the events of 9/11, the definition of a 'patriot' and what is patriotism.
3. After lesson, participants will be asked post assessment questions to ensure lesson objectives were met.
4. Time is allowed for question and answer segment after post assessment.
The participants will:
1) Be able to explain what Patriot's Day memorializes.
2) Understand the definition of what is a 'patriot'.
3) List at least two ways they can show patriotism.
SS2.1.3 Identify people and events that are honored on United States holidays