1. Introduce the Etruscans and survey selected objects from ancient Rome
2. Review works from the Middle Ages and the Renaissance related to Christianity
3. Review works from the Renaissance, highlighting Humanism
4. Discussion of the Baroque and Modern world through the early 20th century
1. Students will learn about the forms and functions of Italian art by looking at a
broad survey of images found in the Cleveland Museum of Art.
2. Students will consider what messages the objects communicate about the society
that made them.
3. Students will discover how the artist’s role in choosing subjects changed over