1. Depiction of popular television show and discussion of appropriate/inappropriate behaviors.
2. Game which encourages students to look at their own stereotypes based on appearance.
3. Scenario discussions about how to deal with real situations.
4. Encouragement to follow proper channels for reporting.
1. Define bullying.
2. Recognize the different types of bullying at work and school.
3. Define harassment.
4. Identify the different types of harassment.
5. Define sexual abuse.
6. Identify an adult to whom they could report sexual assault abuse.
7. Define what a stereotype is.
8. Recognize that society and media can influence stereotypes and bias towards different groups of people.
9. List the steps of appropriate communication when dealing with classmates or co-workers.
10. List steps to deal with conflict situations.
US National Health Education Standards: 1, 2, 3, 4, 8.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to Indiana Academic Standards for Health and Wellness.