1. Simon Says I'm Special Game
2. Introduction to the idea that everyone is special, different, unique
3. Everyone deserves kindness and respect
4. Everyone experiences and expresses emotions differently
5. Face the Feelings Activity
6. 5 Basic Emotions
7. Self-Esteem: healthy, unhealthy, invisible bucket, building within yourself
8. Everyone makes mistakes
At the conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
1. Understand the differences in oneself and others are valuable because they make each person special
2. Explain the importance of respecting oneself and others including differences and emotions
3. Define self-esteem as feeling good about oneself and identify ways to build it for overall wellness
Standard 1 Students will comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention to enhance health.
Standard 2 Students will analyze the influence of family, peers, culture, media, technology, and other factors on health behaviors.
Standard 4 Students will demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal communication skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce health risks.
Standard 5 Students will demonstrate the ability to use decision-making skills to enhance health.
Standard 7 Students will demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and avoid or reduce health risks.
Standard 8 Students will demonstrate the ability to advocate for personal, family, and community health.
Pennsylvania Health, Safety, & Physical Education
10.2.3 Healthful Living, D Decision Making Steps
10.3.3 Safety & Injury Prevention C Conflict Situations
11.2.3 Balancing Responsibility, C Working as a Team
11.2.3 Balancing Responsibility, H Conflict Resolution with Interpersonal Communication Skills