Each program may differ slightly, however most programs follow the following format:
Optional Pre-show (11:50 ET - 12:00 ET)
1) Log in to Quizizz
2) Answer fun, practice questions
GEOshow VFT (12:00-12:30 ET)
1) Show/Location Introduction
2) The presenter will facilitate a discussion topic and experience.
3) The presenter will open and facilitate a round of Q&A.
4) Repeat 2,& 3 until all topics have been exhausted or time expires.
5) In-show quiz (i.e., GEOquiz) using Quizizz
Optional Post-Show (12:30-12:40 ET)
1) Extended Q&A
2) Bonus Conetent
Program objectives differ for each program. Below are example objectives and an example lesson plan from the Komodo Dragons program in the GEOshow+ series.
Komodo Dragon VFT Objectives:
-Students will be introduced to Komodo National Park.
-Students will learn key vocabulary and adaptations of Komodo Dragons.
-Students will be able to identify where Komodo National Park is located.
-Students will engage in a multi-class discussion and ask relevant questions about Komodo National Park and Komodo Dragons.
**There are themes across all of our programs' objectives that are consistent such as location and global awareness objectives.
Komodo Dragon Lesson Plan - https://docs.google.com/document/d/12wI2j_HH_GENrgdbqMtCx-r9UvLyTh0Zoy8L4B8_5wk/edit