In this program, Mote Marine Laboratory will present a media-rich lesson about turtles.
1. Introduction and Prior Knowledge
2. Reading the story of Otto the Otter: A Big Surprise
3. Creative Questions (reading comprehension)
4. Live animal visit - otter webcam
5. Open Questions and Answers
Use literacy and reading comprehension skills to correctly answer questions about the story book.
Foster positive relationships with, and an appreciation for, aquatic habitats and organisms.
Promote environmental awareness, especially for watersheds.
Make observations of live otters.
Compare and contrast characteristics of mammals to other types of animals.
Compare up to three stewardship actions to help otter conservation.