1. Welcome to Longwood Gardens and the program
2. Define "adaptation" and discuss why it is necessary for plants to adapt
3. Explore Longwood's plant collection and identify adaptations
4. Review key concepts learned throughout the lesson
5. Close with question and answer session
- describe characteristics of desert and tropical climates.
- understand that plants adapt to their environment to meet their basic needs to survive.
- identify adaptations necessary for plant survival in extreme climates.
NS.5-8.3 Life Science
As a result of activities in grades 7-8, all students should develop understanding of
- Structure and function in living systems
- Regulation and behavior
- Populations and ecosystems
- Diversity and adaptations of organisms
NS.9-12.3 Life Science
As a result of activities in grades 9-12, all students should develop understanding of
- Biological evolution
- Interdependence of organisms
- Behavior of organisms