1. Students will discover magnetic materials through a pre-lab magnet hunt.
2. Students will perform multiple experiments to demonstrate and discuss atoms, charged particles, attractive and repulsive forces.
3. Students will investigate electromagnetic fields and real-life applications that use magnetism.
4. Students will create their own electromagnet and compass. They will correlate results to the movement of charged particles.
1. Students will be able to assess a magnet's strength and observe limits
2. Students will demonstrate the effects of static electricity and relate to charged particles.
3. Students will experience the forces of repulsion and attraction
4. Students will build their own electromagnet and experiment with changing some of the variables
5. Students will relate magnetism to flow of electrons, earth's magnetic field and make their own compass
Meets Next Generation Science Standards
Meets Missouri Learning Standards