1. Explore why it is important to talk about HIV/AIDS & give some statistics
2. We demonstrate communicable disease transmission
3. Demonstrate the function of the immune system and how HIV affects the immune system
4. Consider how HIV is and is NOT passed
5. Talk about transmission and prevention including abstinence
6. Briefly talk about HIV testing and medications available
1. Differentiate between HIV positive and AIDS
2. Name 4 fluids that will transmit HIV
3. Describe how immune system normally works and how it is different with HIV
4. Identify two most common means of transmission in the US
5. List emotional and physical benefit of abstinence
6. Explain briefly the regimentation involved with taking the chemical cocktail for HIV medications
National Health Education Standards: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to Indiana Academic Standards for Health and Wellness.