1. Presenter will explain what crude oil is and how it is extracted.
2. Presenter will demonstrate the events that led to the 2010 Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill.
3. Through a hands-on activity, students will use various techniques to clean up an "oil spill".
4. Time is allowed for questions and answers.
The students will be able to:
1. understand the events that led to the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
2. compare the advantages of various oil clean-up techniques
3. engage in a discussion about energy and the oil industry
All of our lesson plans are written in accordance with Ohio State Academic Standards.
PG.ER.1, PG.ER.2, PG.Er.3, ENV.ER.2, ENV.ER.3, ENV.ER.4, B.DI.2, B.DI.3