1. Student volunteers will participate in Plate Pizzazz to show examples of food groups.
2. We will view a video about how foods are ‘dressed’ for commercials.
3. Discussion of how foods need to be chosen based on truth.
4. Exercise segment explains the actual effect of different exercises on the body.
5. Jump Start Charades offers student volunteers chance to classify exercises.
5. If time permits, all students will have a chance to exercise.
1. Identify healthy food groups from the ChooseMyPlate.gov icon.
2. List four keys to staying healthy.
3. Categorize foods into food groups.
4. Choose at least two healthy foods for snack or meal.
5. State that everyone should participate in regular physical activity.
6. State the effect that inactivity has on muscles and the brain.
7. Analyze the level of intensity of physical activity.
8. Name at least three activities that would be exercise.
9. Explain how advertising might affect food choices.
US National Health Education Standards: 1,2,5,6,7.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for more information or call (888) 240-7268.
Visit mcmillenhealth.org for the alignment to Indiana Academic Standards for Health and Wellness.