1. Introduction to animal training.
2. Discussion regarding what training is, why it is important, and how it has changed.
3. Video segments of animal training at the Saint Louis Zoo.
Questions are welcome and encouraged at any time! This program is very participant driven.
- explore the importance of animal training
- discuss challenges and benefits of working with animals
- list three kinds of positive reinforcement
- explain the difference between a "trick" and a "behavior"
Missouri Science Grade Level Expectations: 6-8.LS2.C.1; 6-8.LS2.C.2; 6-8.LS4.B; 9-12.LS1.A.2
NGSS: MS-LS1-8; MS-LS2-1; MS-LS2-3; MS-LS4-5; HS-LS1-2; HS-LS2-6; HS-LS2-7
Missouri Grade Level Expectations
IV-1B(6th)a,b,c, 1D(6th)a,b,c, 2A(6th)b, 3A(8th)a, 3C(6th)a,b, 3D(8th)a
Missouri Course Level ExpectationsIV-1A(B1)a,b,c, 1B(B1)b, 3B(B1)b, 3C(B1)a,c