1. Male gender stereotypes and masculinity in our society
2. Exposure to violent behaviors
3. Types of bullying
4. Character: being an upstander not a bystander
5. Tools to use to be an upstander
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
1. Define and explain the importance of character and empathy
2. Explain types of bullying and identify societal factors that influence behaviors
3. Understand and use conflict solving skills to help in bullying situations
Standard 1 Students will comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention to enhance health.
Standard 2 Students will analyze the influence of family, peers, culture, media, technology, and other factors on health behaviors.
Standard 4 Students will demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal communication skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce health risks.
Standard 5 Students will demonstrate the ability to use decision-making skills to enhance health.
Standard 7 Students will demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and avoid or reduce health risks.
Pennsylvania Health, Safety, & Physical Education
10.1.9 Concepts of Health, A Factors that Impact Development (relationships)
10.2.9 Healthful LIving, C Health Messages (media)
10.2.9 Healthful Living, D Decision Making
10.3.9 Safety & Injury Prevention, A Individual Responsibility (violence prevention)
10.3.9 Safety & Injury Prevention, C Strategies to Avoid/Manage Conflict
11.2.9 Balancing Responsibility, A Solve Dilemmas with Reasoning
11.2.9 Balancing Responsibility, E Impact of Technology
11.2.9 Balancing Responsibility, H Interpersonal Communication Skills