Online - hybrid course conducted through Schoology
During this video conference course, students will:
• Build on skills learned in American Sign Language (ASL) III
• Fingerspell and sign vocabulary taught in ASL IV.
• Read and understand others’ signing, fingerspelling, and vocabulary taught in ASL I, II, III, IV.
• Use American Sign Language grammatical syntax when signing.
• Choose some way to “give back” to deaf individuals, either by making others’ more aware of Deaf culture, teaching sign language to others, helping in a deaf education classroom, etc.
• Sign two stories/poems/songs 30-40 sentences in length, using correct ASL grammatical structure, and vocabulary.
• Collaborate with peers.
• Identify and analyze aspects of the Deaf culture.