1. Introduction to Weather Watchers
2. Climate vs. weather
3. Weather tools- radar maps and satellites specifically
4. Prediction of temperature using line graph
5. Analyze past hurricane information to make informed safety plan for coastal town
The participant will:
- develop an understanding of difference between weather and climate
- learn about how meteorologists predict the weather
- learn safety precautions for hurricanes
- gather information from past hurricanes through data and make a prediction
Next Generation Science Standards
3-ESS2-1. Represent data in tables and graphical displays to describe typical weather conditions expected during a particular season.
ESS2.D: Weather and Climate
Climate describes a range of an area's typical weather conditions and the extent to which those conditions vary over the years.
Analyze and interpret data on natural hazards to forecast future catastrophic events and inform the development of technologies to mitigate their effects.
3-ESS2-1. Represent data in tables and graphical displays of typical weather conditions during a particular season to
identify patterns and make predictions.
Analyze and interpret data on natural hazards to identify patterns, which help forecast future catastrophic events and inform the development of technologies to mitigate their effects.